Market Herb Value Study
Ever wondered how much fresh herbs & spices are in each tube of Gourmet Garden? Below are results from an Australian study showing how much fresh herbs and spices really are in each tube of Gourmet Garden. As you can see, Gourmet Garden is not only easy, convenient and packed full of flavour, but its also great value for money too!
The testing regime and rationale followed was:
- The quantity (in grams) of herb/spice contained in the Gourmet Garden product is consistent and known.
- The weight of herb/spice in store bought fresh product is variable and subject to seasonal availability.
- Therefore three bunches or packets of each fresh herb/spice, for this trial, were purchased from Woolworths supermarkets. Similarly three bunches of each fresh herb/spice from either a Coles (or Bi-Lo) store were also purchased. This made a total of six fresh samples for each herb/spice.
- Samples were weighed individually and then the usable portion of the sample was separated from parts of the sample that the everyday consumer would not normally use.
- The usable portion for each individual sample was weighed.
- The usable portion for each individual sample was then averaged and used to calculate the number of bunches/pieces of fresh product, a consumer would need to purchase in order to provide the same weight in grams that the Gourmet Garden tube product provides.
A summary of the results appears as a table below.
115g Gourmet Garden Tubes
Fresh chopped herb/spice
per 115g tube