We are searching for Australia's Best Blogger-come-Chef
Gourmet Garden and the Herb eCooking School are passionate about making everyday cooking to become easier, more joyful and inspired through incorporating fresh herbs and spices.
With this in mind, we are reaching out to Australian bloggers to participate in our Blog Off/ Cook Off promotion, by sharing how you make your family’s everyday cooking a little bit special by adding herbs and spices.
Blog Off/ Cook Off involves 3 stages (see details below), with awesome benefits including a chance to cook off at the Good Food and Wine Shows, a fully funded trip for 9 bloggers to Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, a video production of a demonstration you can use on your site and exposure 50,000 members on the Herb eCooking School database.
Additionally Australia’s Best Blogger-come-Chef will win $2000 cold hard cash and a $5000 12-month ambassador partnership with Gourmet Garden.
Sound good? Well, to participate it’s as easy as 1, 2 3.
1. Blog Off
- Contact Gourmet Garden by 10th May 2012 (sorry, registration has now closed)
- Once registered, you’ll be sent a pack of Gourmet Garden goodies.
- Between 14-20th May 2012, use your Gourmet Garden goodies to spice up your family’s everyday meals and share your recipes, tips and photos on your blog. You don't need to blog all week, one blog within this period is sufficient.
- Gourmet Garden will then choose the top bloggers to progress to stage 2.
2. Cook Off
- The top bloggers (18 in total) will then be invited to cook off at the “Chopping Block” stage at the Melbourne (June 1-3), Sydney (June 22-24) & Brisbane (Nov 9-11) Good Food and Wine Shows
- Two bloggers will cook off per day (3 days per show), and judged by some of Australia’s top chefs, with the winning 3 bloggers per show being invited to attend the final at the Blog Off/ Cook Off Conference on the Sunshine Coast
- Bloggers attending the Cook Off will be provided 1 day entry tickets to the Good Food and Wine Show in the relevant state and ingredients for the cook off however would need to make their own travel arrangements to the shows
3. Blog Off/ Cook Off Conference
- 9 finalists ( 3 from each Good Food and Wine Show) will receive a fully funded trip (valued a $2000) to Blog Off/ Cook Off Conference on Sunshine Coast in March 2013 (3 or 4 days).
- The conference will include tours of Sunshine Coast food attraction, professional video production (valued at $1000) for each finalist demonstrating their recipe and the rights to use this recipe on their website/ blog, a 'Cooking with Herbs' Masterclass a final cook off where the bloggers dishes will be judged, flights and accommodation.
- The blogger with the best dish will be crowned “Australia’s Top Blogger-come-Chef” and win a $2000 cash prize and a $5000 12-month ambassador partnership with Gourmet Garden with exposure to their 50,000 Herb eCooking School database.