- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 egg whites, whisked
- 1 cup breadcumbs (regular or fluten free)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Thai Seasoning, Cold Blended Paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or tamrind
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/3 tablespoon (80 mL) cold water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
This recipe has no significant nutritional value.
- 1 Preheat oven to 220°C (200° C fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2 Place cauliflowers florets in a deep bowl and pour over the whisked egg whites. Stir until florets are evenly coated with egg white.
- 3 Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and season with sea salt and pepper then pour over the cauliflower florets. Using a large serving spoon gently toss to coat evenly.
- 4 Transfer cauliflower florets to baking tray, spray lightly with olive oil spray and bake for 20 minutes or until tender and browned.
- 5 In the meantime, prepare the sauce. In a small pan add the Thai Seasoning Cold Blended Paste along with the sesame oil, honey and light soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and gently simmer for 3 minutes.
- 6 In a small bowl combine corn flour and cold water, blending to a paste. Pour into the sauce and return to the boil then remove from heat and set aside.
- 7 Remove cauliflower florets from oven and pour the sauce over the florets. Gently combine to evenly coat.
- 8 Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions.
- 9 Serve as appetizer or over rice.