- 1/2 pound (250 grams) rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons (10 mililiters) canola oil
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) lean ground pork
- 2 tablespoon (30 mililiters) Ginger
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) Lemongrass
- 1 cup (250 mililiters) matchstick carrots
- 1 cup (250 mililiters) thinly slicd green onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups (1 liter) beef broth
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) less sodium soy sauce
- 1 whole lime, cut into wedges
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
This recipe has no significant nutritional value.
- 1 In large bowl, soak rice noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- 2 In large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add pork, breaking up until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in Ginger Paste and Lemongrass Paste and cook 1 minute.
- 3 Stir in carrots, green onion, mushrooms, broth, star anise, fish sauce and soy sauce. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Arrange noodles in four bowls. Ladle soup over noodles and serve with lime wedges.