- 1 To make the soup simply place the butter, onion and garlic in a large pot and heat gently. Stir and heat until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- 2 Add the remaining ingredients (not the dust ingredients) into the pot and allow to come to the boil. To reduce the time of this dish you can precook the kumura and butternut or even use left-over roast or boiled veggies for this. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- 3 Remove from heat, adjust seasoning, remove the anise, then add the cream and then blend until smooth with a stick blender.
- 4 To make the dust simply food process the diced sausage until it resembles fine crumbs, place the chorizo mince into a greased and heated pan and cook until fragrant and hot, stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn. Blend the breadcrumbs and parsley in the same processor and pulse until nicely combined. Add to the cooked chorizo and allow to heat through.
- 5 Serve with the velvety soup…enjoy!