- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Grease a large baking sheet with the sunflower oil.
- 2 Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and mash roughly with a potato masher or fork.
- 3 Add all the remaining ingredients, except the breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- 4 Add 1-2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, enough to bind the mixture, and mix well again. Season to taste and mix until well combined.
- 5 Split the mixture into 12 portions, then shape each portion into a burger shape with moist hands.
- 6 Bake the burgers for around 20 minutes until golden, flipping once half way through the cooking time. Serve with salad leaves, roasted cherry tomatoes, houmous and pitta if liked.
Sign up for just-picked recipes, the latest product info, and more from Gourmet Garden.