- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Grease a large baking sheet with the sunflower oil.
- 2 Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and mash roughly with a potato masher or fork.
- 3 Add all the remaining ingredients, except the breadcrumbs and salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- 4 Add 1-2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, enough to bind the mixture, and mix well again. Season to taste and mix until well combined.
- 5 Split the mixture into 12 portions, then shape each portion into a burger shape with moist hands.
- 6 Bake the burgers for around 20 minutes until golden, flipping once half way through the cooking time. Serve with salad leaves, roasted cherry tomatoes, houmous and pitta if liked.