Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons (30 mililiters) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoon (30 mililiters) Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic, Stir-In Paste
- 1 can (796 mililiters) plum tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoon (30 mililiters) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon (45 mililiters) Gourmet Garden Basil , Lightly Dried
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mililiters) heavy cream
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
This recipe has no significant nutritional value.
- 1 Heat olive oil in large saucepan, Add onions, celery & carrots; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened slightly. Add Gourmet Garden Garlic; cook 1 minute; stirring frequently.
- 2 Add tomatoes, tomato paste, Gourmet Garden Basil and vegetable broth; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 3 Add tomato mixture to blender in batches. Blend until smooth. Stir in cream. Serve warm and garnish with Lightly Dried Basil, if desired.