- 200 grams dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 175 grams Unsalted butter
- 2 level tspGourmet Garden Chilli Cold Blended Paste ,
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 275 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 125 grams plain flour
- 75 grams Pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
This recipe has no significant nutritional value.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- 2 Place the chocolate and butter into a glass bowl and place on top of a pan of barely simmering water on the hob. Stir the chocolate and butter until melted and smooth. Then, take the bowl off the hob and stir in the Gourmet Garden Hot Chilli, vanilla extract, salt and sugar until well mixed. Leave to cool.
- 3 Break the eggs into another bowl and whisk thoroughly, preferably with an electric whisk, until they have doubled in volume. Pour in the cooled melted chocolate mixture, a little at a time, folding the mixture together between additions.
- 4 Sieve the flour over the mixture and fold it in until just combined. Finally, stir through the chopped nuts (optional).
- 5 Pour the brownie mixture into the tin and spread it out evenly, pushing it into the corners. Bake for 25 minutes, then open the oven and give the tin a little shake. If it is very wobbly, bake for another 5-10 minutes. When the brownies are ready they will be slightly springy to touch and a skewer will come out almost, but not completely clean.
- 6 Allow the brownies to cool completely. Use the baking paper to lift the brownies out of the tin and place them onto a chopping board. Use a sharp knife to cut them into 9 squares, and then cut each square in half to make 18 triangles.