Ingredients 4 Servings
- Step 1
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Stir-In Paste, Stir-In Paste
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Gourmet Garden™ Parsley Stir-In Paste, Stir-In Paste
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Gourmet Garden™ Italian Herbs Stir-In Paste, Stir-In Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 6 cups spinach
- 4 large eggs
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
- 1 Heat oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
- 2 Add Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-in Paste Gourmet Garden Parsley Stir-in Paste, Gourmet Garden Italian Herbs Stir-in Paste, red chili flakes and mushrooms, and continue to cook. Add more oil if mushrooms begin to stick to the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add entire can of tomatoes and tomato liquid. Add a few dashes of salt and pepper and stir to mix. Cook, stirring every so often, for 5 minutes.
- 3 Add spinach, and stir until the leaves wilt into the sauce. If sauce starts to bubble, turn down the heat to medium or medium-low. Using a wooden spoon, make wells in the sauce for your eggs.
- 4 Crack each egg into its well, and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pan for 4 minutes, or until the egg whites have cooked and the yolks remain soft or a little runny. Serve immediately, over crusty bread or polenta. Top with shaved parmesan, if desired.
- 5 Variations: North African: Omit Italian Herbs and use 1 Tbsp. cumin and 1/2 Tbsp. smoked paprika. Omit mushrooms, add diced carrots (2) and celery (1 stalk). Mexican: Instead of Parsley and Italian Herbs, use Cilantro (1 Tablespoon) and 1 Tablespoon cumin. Omit mushrooms, add diced sweet potato and a thinly sliced serrano chili pepper (adding a few more minutes for cooking time before adding sauce).