- 1 large whole chicken (butterflied)
- 2 tbsp Gourmet Garden Garlic , Cold Blended Paste
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Chilli , Lightly Dried
- 2 tbsp Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil , Lightly Dried
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juiced
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- extra lime wedges to serve
- Mexican sides
- BBQ corn salsa
- lime wedges
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
- 1 Score the thickest part of the chicken thigh and breast with a sharp knife.
- 2 Prepare the marinade by combining the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Lay the butterflied chicken in a deep baking tray and pour over the marinade. Massage the marinade into the chicken for a couple of minutes then stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 3 During this time, prepare some fresh Mexican style condiments like guacamole, tomatoes, BBQ corn salsa and lime wedges to serve with the chicken once cooked.
- 4 Preheat the BBQ on a medium heat. Brush some olive oil on the grill and place the chicken, skin side down and cook without moving for 5 minutes or until nicely charred. Turnover and brush with some of the marinade every couple of minutes, cook for a further 20 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean platter and cover with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.