Ingredients 4 Servings
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) Gourmet Garden Garlic, Stir-In Paste
- 5 large eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) baby spinach, cooked and chopped
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
- 1 Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towels. Wipe out skillet.
- 2 Add the oil and onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, then add Gourmet Garden Garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer to large bowl.
- 3 Add eggs, egg whites, flour and jalapeno, whisk until smooth. Stir in bacon, cheese and spinach. Pour into a pie plate or quiche pan coated with non stick cooking spray.
- 4 Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.