Ingredients 10 Servings
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Mace
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Lightly Dried Organic Ginger, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
- 1 Combine cake flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, mace, baking soda and baking powder in medium bowl.
- 2 Combine 1- /2 sticks of the butter with the sugar in large bowl. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the Lightly Dried Ginger. Add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with milk and applesauce.
- 3 Divide batter evenly among 24 muffin cups. Bake in 350°F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 4 Combine cream cheese and remaining 4 tablespoons butter; mix well. Add remaining 1 tablespoon Lightly Dried Ginger; mix well. Add powdered sugar; beat until frosting is fluffy and smooth. Spread frosting over cupcakes to serve.