- 2 tbsp Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil , Lightly Dried
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Garlic , Cold Blended Paste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 ½ cups Greek yoghurt
- 300 g halloumi cheese cut into 5mm slices
- 100 g grated mozzarella cheese
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
- 1 Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan forced). Combine Lightly Dried Basil, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, spinach, Garlic Paste, lemon juice and pepper in a food processor bowl and process until mixture forms a smooth pesto consistency. Set aside.
- 2 Place flour and Greek yoghurt into a clean food processor bowl and process until the mixture forms a ball and comes away from the sides.
- 3 Remove dough to a lightly floured surface and using your hands, knead the dough for 1 minute. Cut the dough in half.
- 4 Using a rolling pin, roll one half of the dough into a rectangle, about 4mm thick. Trim the edges with a sharp knife. Cut the rectangle into four even triangles.
- 5 Evenly spread 1 teaspoon of just made pesto on the base of each triangle. Lay a slice of halloumi in the middle of each triangle, then sprinkle ½ of the mozzarella evenly between the 4 cheese slices.
- 6 To make the bites: fold the bottom of the triangle dough up over the halloumi until it’s covered, and then continue to roll the dough up until the tip of the triangle is reached. Repeat with the remaining dough, pesto and cheese.
- 7 Brush the top of each bite with olive oil, and sprinkle over Lightly Dried Basil. Place (evenly spaced) on a lightly greased baking tray.
- 8 Bake for 15-18 minutes until dough is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.