- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp White pepper
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml Warm water
- 1/2 cup mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tsp Gourmet Garden Chives Lightly Dried
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
This recipe has no significant nutritional value.
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 200 Degree Celcious
- 2 In a bowl, whisk together SR Flour, baking powder, salt and pepper
- 3 Mix in cheese and chives.
- 4 In a measuring jug, mix together cream and warm water.
- 5 Make a well in the centre of the flour mix, and pour in the cream mixture. With a flat blade (e.g. butter knife) gently cut cream into flour, working the mix together. Be careful not to overwork dough. The mixture should be just combined.
- 6 Turn dough onto floured surface and pat into a round approximately 3cm thickness. With a floured scone cutter, cut into 12 rounds, and place, close together on a lined tray (placing them together allows them to support each other as they rise).
- 7 Lightly brush tops of scones with some additional milk.
- 8 Bake at 200oC for approximately 18-20 minutes until cooked (scones should be golden brown and sound hollow when tapped). Serve warm with butter.
Sign up for just-picked recipes, the latest product info, and more from Gourmet Garden.