- 1 Heat a heavy based saucepan until hot.
- 2 Add the mince into the frying pan, fry hot and fast, until all the meat has browned off. You will need to separate the mince with a fork while it is cooking.
- 3 Add the onions and garlic and allow to cook through. Add nutmeg (if using), tomatoes, tomato paste and mixed herbs and cook through.
- 4 Season to taste and transfer into a suitable oven proof baking dish.
- 5 Spread the grated cooked potato over the top of the meat sauce. Brush with melted butter and mixed herbs and then grill until potato is golden brown. Serve as desired.