- 1 Heat a heavy based saucepan until hot.
- 2 Add the mince into the frying pan, fry hot and fast, until all the meat has browned off. You will need to separate the mince with a fork while it is cooking.
- 3 Add the onions and garlic and allow to cook through. Add nutmeg (if using), tomatoes, tomato paste and mixed herbs and cook through.
- 4 Season to taste and transfer into a suitable oven proof baking dish.
- 5 Spread the grated cooked potato over the top of the meat sauce. Brush with melted butter and mixed herbs and then grill until potato is golden brown. Serve as desired.
Sign up for just-picked recipes, the latest product info, and more from Gourmet Garden.