- 1 Start to cook fettuccini in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water. Stir and return to the boil. Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Stir occasionally. Drain in a colander.
- 2 Blanch asparagus in boiling water, drain and place immediately in a bowl of iced water to stop the asparagus from cooking and to keep the bright green colour.
- 3 Heat pan till hot, fry chorizo for 2 minutes, turning and cooking the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- 4 Add lemon juice and lemon rind. Add cream, basil, chilli, parsley, garlic and asparagus, cook for 2-3 minutes until cream starts to bubble and asparagus is warmed through.
- 5 Season with freshly ground pepper and divide over fettuccini. Serve with a squeeze of lemon, garnish with Lightly Dried Parsley