- Basil Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Lightly Dried Basil
- Dash McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Gingered Berries
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden™ Ginger Stir-In Paste divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
This recipe has no significant nutritional value.
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl of stand mixer. Add butter while mixing on low speed. Increase speed to medium and beat until butter is crumbly. Stir in milk, lemon juice, Basil and vanilla just until moistened.
- 2 Transfer dough to floured surface. Using hands, form dough into a long rectangle, about 1-inch thick. Cut dough in half into 2 squares, then cut each square diagonally into quarters to create 8 triangular pieces.
- 3 Place scones 2 inches apart on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4 Meanwhile, gently mix berries, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of the Ginger Paste and vanilla extract in medium bowl. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5 Beat heavy cream, remaining Ginger Paste and confectioners’ sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 6 Serve Basil Scones topped with Gingered Berries and a dollop of Whipped Cream.
- 7 Test Kitchen Tip: Substitute raspberries for any of the other berries.