Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
smoked sausage, sliced
- andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden™ Chunky Garlic Stir-in Paste
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups instant rice, (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden™ Lightly Dried Chopped Parsley
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
- 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove sausage from pan with slotted spoon onto a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- 2 Reduce heat to medium. Add chopped onions, bell peppers and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes until vegetables are softened, scraping bottom of pan to release brown bits. Stir in Garlic Paste; cook 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in chicken and Cajun seasoning. Cook 5 minutes.
- 3 Return sausage to saucepan. Stir in chicken stock. Cover and bring to boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook 10 to 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, covered. Garnish with Parsley. Fluff with fork before serving.