Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Lightly Dried Italian Herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked and drained
- 1 pound red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix bread cubes and milk in large bowl. Let stand about 15 minutes until milk is absorbed.
- 2 Whisk half and half, eggs, Garlic Paste, Italian Herbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Arrange half of the soaked bread cubes in single layer in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Top with 1/2 each of the sausage, potatoes and egg mixture, and 1 cup of the cheese. Layer with remaining soaked bread cubes. Top with remaining sausage, potatoes, egg mixture and shredded cheese.
- 4 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center of strata is set and top is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional Italian Herbs, if desired.