Ingredients 12 Servings
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Stir-In Paste, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (28 ounces) petite diced tomatoe, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Lightly Dried Basil
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Lightly Dried Chopped Parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon
- 1 Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray; set aside. Bring water, 1 tablespoon of the Garlic Paste and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt to boil in large saucepan.
- 2 Whisking constantly, add cornmeal in thin stream. Reduce heat to low; stirring constantly, simmer 3 to 4 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat. Spread evenly in prepared dish. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, or until firm.
- 3 Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 minutes until softened. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Garlic Paste and mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, Basil, 1 tablespoon of the Parsley, salt and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes longer until liquid is slightly reduced.
- 4 Spread vegetable mixture over polenta. Top with shredded cheese. Bake 15 minutes. Broil on HIGH 2 minutes until edges are bubbly and cheese is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon Parsley.